There are so many things I’ve already forgotten but these are what have stayed months later as highlights (video at the end!!):
Bordeaux, Town hall:
(Photos in this section by my amazing associate photographer, Valeriya
Venue: Bordeaux Town Hall and My In Laws home
My dress: Banana Republic)
- My cousins flying in 1-2 weeks before the weddings to be with us. That extra time was sacred!!
- Our best friends flying in for our town hall wedding (my bff came straight from the airport to the town hall with her husband!!) To see her there when we first said "Oui" was absolutely amazing. I'm so grateful.
- Tents in my in-laws backyard covering us from the crazy rain as we danced into the night. The rain didn’t matter.
- My father-in-law opening SO many bottles of wine
- My mother in-law making our favorite sorbets for dessert
- My cousin playing and singing a few songs for Pyk and I
- Looking around and thinking how lucky we are
- Wearing my favorite white dress that I wore the day he proposed, and the day we got our civil union, and then the day we were officially married!!
- Face timing with my Brother who couldn’t be there in France
- My Uncle Bob going nuts on the dance floor (aka the back patio!)
- Failing at a balloon arch but laughing about it because it really didn’t matter. People weren’t coming for that.
- HOLY BUCKETS OF RAIN and it pouring up until 5 minutes before the outdoor ceremony
- Praying for it to stop. It did =)
- All of the insane help we got from our friends and family setting up the decorations - Our friend Vanessa making our amazing flower arch, my cousins and friends setting up the whole reception room!!!, soooooo many people putting their love into our day
- How low the cars were after loading them with all the wine and champagne to bring them to the chateau (ha!)
- Missing Pyk during the day - I wish I saw him more. I would have been more calm.
- Meeting my 4 month old baby cousin!!
- Having almost my whole paternal family with us
- Feeling TIRED (not a highlight but honestly, was SO SO tired from the week of festivities already!)
- Asking my dad right before him walking me down the aisle if he was happy. He looked me in the eyes and simply said, “Yes”, and the calm I felt after hearing that!
- Brushing my teeth right before the ceremony because I forgot that morning! It was a bit ridiculous because I was already in my wedding dress and about to go outside to our first look!
- The feeling of shock and happiness walking down the aisle and seeing so many people from so many parts of our lives, all in one place
- Crying during our ceremony - it couldn’t have been more perfect
- Literally tying the knot with Pyk
- THE FOOD BEING AMAZING, OHHHH MY GOODNESS
- The incredible sunset after a cloudy and stormy week (man, did the universe come through for us or what?!!!)
- My cousin’s amazing toast
- Falling asleep on the dance floor
- After the brunch the next day, hanging out on lounge chairs with our friends
- Hanging out, wine tasting, and heading to the beach with our friends and family for the few days after the wedding. Coming down from wedding craziness.
- A few days of relaxing in Tuscany, Italy to come back down to earth and enjoy being married
- Bringing a huge flamingo floatie on our honeymoon. Naming him "Clement" and relaxing on him in the pool for ages. Pyk thought I was insane to take up half my suitcase with him. I have no regrets =)
(Photos by Jillian Rollins Photography
His custom suit: Samson Bordeaux
Tent rentals: Cartwright & Daughters Tent & Party Rentals
Hair and Makeup: Made Up)
- The week spent with my family prepping my dad's house and backyard for 130 people
- Marrying him for the third time
- SO many friends coming in and offering at the last minute to make our wedding even more personalized and beautiful! From stunning handwritten signs to the centerpieces.. it really felt like a family affair and I LOVED it
- The amazing sermon from my pastor during our blessing
- Good BBQ
- Having my whole maternal family in one place
- My nephew the ring bearer dropping the rings and finding them and then coming up during the ceremony to tell me (It was the cutest thing, he wanted to do such a good job and he did! I LOVED that he was part of our wedding!!)
- Having great American beer on tap
- Not feeling stressed!!
- Feeling so happy
- Dancing with so many people
- Hanging out way too late
- My two cousins performing their song "Katie, Pyk's Lady" to the tune of My Girl (this was absolutely HYSTERICAL and amazing in all it's forms.. SO GOOD)
- Smiling so much my face hurt
- Relief that we'd survived 3 weddings and still had our sanity!! Ha!
As a little end to show you even more visually how awesome our wedding was, here's our Bordeaux wedding video made by Bubblerock.